Monday, June 7, 2010

Hello again

I've been inspired by a new friend's blog to perhaps get back into this. I'm not the writer she is, but I'll try. First, some updates... RadioPSR is defunct due to several factors, not the least of which was a lack of listeners. The show actually took quite a bit of work and we'd hoped that it would become pretty popular. But I think a combination of factors kept that from happening. There is a chance we may revisit it in the future, but for now, RadioPSR is dead. Thanks to those that did listen and particularly those that called in and participated.

In personal news, I've been floating my resume for several months now trying to find a System Administrator or CTO job in a corporate environment. I have finally decided that I just don't have the personality to run a business like Ronin Tech as a sole proprietorship. While I like to think I'm very good at the tech side of what I do, gathering clients, pounding the pavement, networking and those types of things are not my milieu. So if anyone knows of an available position, let me know. I plan to keep the web design and graphic design aspects of the company intact, as I can do those things in my spare time even whilst employed full time at a proper company.

That said, I have started another business that has absolutely nothing at all to do with computers or tech. About seven or eight years ago I decided that, since I love cheesecake, I should try my hand at making one. I'm pretty good in a kitchen (though baking has never really been my thing), so I figured it would be a natural thing to do. Well, it turned out quite well. So well, in fact, that I started making them for friends. And those friends and family members started requesting them for events they were attending. And that led to many of them suggesting that I start selling the cheesecakes. So after some consideration, I decided that it was a good idea. And thus, Cheesecake 2.0 was born. Right now things are in the infancy stage, despite having already sold several cakes, but hopefully by the end of the Summer, I'll have things more in order. The web site is up, but it's really just a place holder. But you can see my menu and price list there. When I'm finished with the site (which I've built on Drupal, which has its own learning curve, but should make things really easy to keep updated), the plan is to make my cheesecakes available for order online. All of my cheesecakes are made to order, and thus require at least 24 hours notice) and made of the best ingredients available. So if you are looking for a cheesecake for a party, birthday, any event where you need to bring a food item, or just one for yourself, give me a call. My contact information is available on the Cheesecake 2.0 web site.

Thanks for reading. I'll try to get this going as a regular thing.

-Sam

No comments: