Friday, April 6, 2007

I'm fucking sick of NeoGaf

Okay, I started checking out NeoGaf after discovering that some of the 1up.com staff was posting there. I decided that I might actually want to contribute to the community. However, since registering (and STILL not being approved to comment - for reasons that can only be attributed to some sort of undeserved superiority complex at NG), I've noticed that a number of the 1up staff posts at NG. Normally I wouldn't have an issue with this. In this case, though, these self-same people post more on NG than they do on their own fucking forums! Here's a clue for those people (and you KNOW who I'm addressing)... If you're trying to build a community, it might be advantageous to actually pay it some attention!!! One of the mods on the 1Up boards is pretty much the only 1Up Yours staffer that seems prepared to post on 1Up.com on a regular basis. The rest of the staff posts significantly more often on NG. Guess what... NeoGAF isn't the board that your listeners/readers visit! For fuck's sake, at the very least post AS often on 1Up as you do on NG!

On a related note... I'll be canceling my NG account as soon as I have the ability to do so. Right now it seems like a cesspool of self congratulation and promotion. Even when developers drop in to make a comment, they're treated like the next coming (Denis Dyack?!?! Really?!?!?). In short, I don't need the affirmation of a bunch of Internet assholes who think they're better than the average Joe. Listen, I help run a message board. And I understand what all is involved. But I also know what's important. And that's the users. You can have the best board that the Internet has ever seen, but if you don't have any users none of it matters. And if you're treating new registrants as if they don't matter or that they're less than old users, then you're doing not only the users, but the board itself a disservice. So, in short, FUCK YOU NeoGAF! Not only will I not be "lurking" a for the amount of time that y'all think is necessary for a person to "prove" themselves, but I won't be lurking at ALL.

And for the 1Up staffers that post on NG... You should be ashamed of yourselves. If for no other reason than that NG treats your bread and butter (gamers) like ass. So, Luke, Shane, and Garnett, how's about supporting your own fucking creation rather than posting your more insightful commentary on a foreign board. None of you are irreplaceable. NONE of you. If you want to post at NG, that's fine. But don't ever forget on which side your bread is buttered.

No comments: